06 June 2011

Keys To Starting Your Own Clothing Company.

Always wanted your own clothing business? It is not as difficult as you think. What you really need?
1. A decent logo  

2. Creative concepts and graphics - Design Talent  
3. A supplier, unique clothing items
4. A decent screen printer  
5. A Line Sheet to show to potential buyers   
                          6. Sales and promotional talent. 

What do you think is most important? The obvious design talent you say? Are you crazy? You gotta be kidding. Did you step out of the house lately? Have you seen Von Dutch clothing? Crayon weilding chimpanzees produce a better design. Moreover, I imagine more healthy monkey, but I digress

.
6 is clearly the most important element. You can create an entire line of fashion forward, nice clothes, but if you can not pitch it - no one will see (except of course your mother). So unless you have a closet full of your fantastic designs, yourself two questions: 


Can I sell?
In other words ...... I hit the pavement with my line off and running in every boutique clothing store I can find? So I go to hell bother of retail clothing store buyers so they will try every 5 minutes time for me at Magic 06 '(Clothing Convention) to suppress?
Can I have a professional presentation Nordstroms buyer?
Can I promote?
I have creative ideas or gureilla viral marketing to this label KickStart?
If the answer to both questions is No - you should get help. Namely, someone found a passion for fashion, who happens to be ridiculously outgoing, great on the phone and aggressive as hell. Finally (and superficially) it would help if you are selling thermal energy.
I know, how awful, so sorry, buy I do not say anything about this company an equal chance.
That being said, let me welcome you at the end of the shallow pond ..... the world of fashion.
Good luck with your label!

No comments:

Post a Comment